In today’s post, we learn from electric utility vehicle product expert Russ Ziegler how he helps organizations with large fleets find the right vehicles based on safety, sustainability and budget. Russ has extensive experience advising fleet managers who oversee higher education, transit and/or shuttle applications. Read on to learn more about the benefits of an LSV compared to conventional, gas-powered vehicles and how Russ helps fleet managers make data-driven decisions.
Over the last several years, design innovations have transformed the simple golf cart into an electric maintenance vehicle widely used on college campuses, resorts, and outdoor venues. And an increasing number of people use their street-legal golf cart, also known as a Neighborhood Electric Vehicle or NEV, in place of a car.
In this post, we’ll address common questions about buying an electric maintenance vehicle or street legal golf cart. Including:
- What’s the difference between a golf cart, and a NEV or LSV?
- How far can an electric maintenance vehicle or golf cart go on a single charge?
- How long do the batteries last?
- Buying a used versus new electric vehicle
- Additional factors to consider before you buy