Each week we publish two articles about the business of material handling. Past topics include: forklift training and certification, maintenance and safety tips, and general forklift FAQs. Overtime, our forklift blog has become a library!
With this post, we wanted to share our top five, most-read blog articles. The most popular posts include a variety of topics including: questions to ask before buying a new or used forklift, safety tips and forklift financing.
Most-Read* Forklift Articles
*As of March 2017
- Forklift Financing - Leasing vs. Purchase - Are you considering financing a new forklift and need to decide on the benefits of leasing vs. purchase? There is no perfect answer which suits all applications and companies. Depending on your cash flow, capital requirements, equipment condition and usage, there can be benefits to either side of the equation...CONTINUE READING.
- Questions to Ask Before Buying Your Next Forklift - There will come a point when your existing forklifts have reached the end of their economic life and need to be replaced. Besides some of the obvious questions there are a few that could save you hundred, thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars... CONTINUE READING.
- Sit Down VS Stand Up Forklifts – Which is Best? - Many warehouse operators think of the traditional sit down forklift as being the best for their operation but is that really the case? Have they considered the options? Here are some points to ponder before you sign the purchase order for your next forklift...CONTINUE READING.
- Why Use Daily Safety Checklists? - Would you back out of a driveway without checking for obstacles behind you? Or fly with an airline where the flight crew used pre-flight checklists “most of the time”? Of course not! Safety checklists may be about as fun as flossing, but they’re an important preventative measure to avoid injuries and fines. If you don’t already use safety checklists, OSHA has an example on their website. It’s a good starting place, but ultimately the checklist should be tailored to your work environment...CONTINUE READING.
- What to Look for When Buying a Used Forklift - Want to buy a used forklift? Here are some things to look for and questions to ask to ensure you get a good deal. My first question always is, what is its history and where has been. I ask this to be certain it hasn’t been operating in corrosive areas or rough applications...CONTINUE READING.
We hope you find our blog posts informative. If you have an idea or suggestion for a topic, please don't hesitate to contact us via our website or message us on Facebook.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for special offers, product reviews and tips from the pros at TMHNC.