Imagine you have an employee who keeps others from being productive and calls in sick more than anyone else. This person repeatedly causes cross-contamination and ignores your requests to improve their behavior.
What would you do with this employee? You would fire them, of course.
If this “employee” sounds like your cleanroom door (slow, prone to breakdowns and frustrating to other team members), it’s time to cut ties. When your business depends on providing the highest quality products, you can’t have sub-standard equipment. Period.
Whether you need a cleanroom door for a medical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, or laboratory application, our buyer’s checklist can help you choose a quality, long-lasting door that will improve the productivity and cleanliness of your facility.
Cleanroom Roll Up Doors - What You Need to KnowOne a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best), how efficient is your existing cleanroom door? When thinking about your response, here are a few things to consider:
- Do staff members wait more than two seconds for the door to open?
- Does it maintain a tight seal and minimize air leakage?
- Is it self-repairing?
If you answered “no” to any of the questions above, or rated your door lower than a “7,” a new high-speed roll up door will quickly pay for itself in improved productivity. You’ll also reduce air intrusion, cross-contamination, and downtime.
Cleanroom Door Checklist for Buyers
While no two cleanrooms are exactly alike, they all share some basic requirements. Here is a checklist of must-haves when selecting a high-speed roll up door:
- Avoid doors with exposed fasteners and coils, sharp edges or angles (they take longer to clean and create a home for contaminants).
- Choose a door made from non-porous materials (to prevent microbial or fungal growth) that can withstand repeated washdowns with chemical solvents.
- Look for a door made with corrosion-resistant stainless steel side frames and hoods.
- Confirm the door conforms to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and is made from FDA/USDA-approved material.
- Ask about safety features such as impact-avoidance sensors and alternative opening methods in the event of a power failure.
- Choose a door with a lubrication-free design (lubricants create an attractive home for contaminants).
- Ensure the door meets your pascal pressure rating requirements.
Learn more, or request a free demo. We offer live demos via Zoom and in-person at our Livermore location.
Why Albany Is the Leading Cleanroom Door ManufacturerThere are many cleanroom door manufacturers out there, but after extensive research, we recommend Albany's RR300 Clean. Albany designed their cleanroom door with input from pharmaceutical engineers to exceed the criteria listed above. The RR300 is made from FDA and USDA-approved material, is GMP Class C certified, and it's the only ISO Class 5-rated high-speed door (US Federal Standard 209E Class 100). Download the RR300 Clean product brochure PDF for additional specs.
There’s another important reason we sell Albany doors. Ever heard the saying, buy twice, cry twice? We sell Albany doors because they stand behind their products. Albany's durable, dependable, high-performance doors are backed by a 5-year warranty and are known to last 10+ years. If you cry after buying an Albany door, we promise they will be tears of joy.
Here are the top three reasons our customers in the Bay Area and Central Valley California love their Albany cleanroom doors:
#1 Built-In Safety Features Prevent Lost-Time Accidents:
- When the door is closing, photocells look for objects in the door's descent path. If something is detected, the door immediately opens to prevent accidents
- Four-hour battery standby option in case of a power outage
#2 They’re Durable and Easy to Use:
- The door automatically repairs itself, just push a button
- Touch-less, hygienic activation - simply wave your hand in front of a sensor to open the door
- Choose opening/closing speeds up to 80” per second (opening) and up to 40” per second (closing)
- User-friendly pre-programmed options and multilingual display (English, French and Spanish)
- Stainless steel side frames and fully-enclosed roll cover simplify cleaning and eliminate particle accumulation
- Non-porous, puncture-resistant FDA and USDA-approved PVC door panel holds up well to repeated chemical washdowns
#3 Greater Control Over Particle Concentration and Air Changes
- Minimal pressure loss when the door is closed
- The RR 300 Clean is rated to 50 Pa and the composite door is rated to 40 Pa.
- Tapered surfaces and no exposed coils, fasteners, photo eyes, wind ribs, etc. mean there’s no place for contaminants to hide
- Transparent vinyl panel (optional) provides visibility between rooms, improving safety and communication
Manufacturer note: door specifications and technical data subject to change without notice.
High-Speed Cleanroom Doors for Sale in the Bay Area and Central California
A high-speed roll up door allows you to improve efficiency and product quality standards at the same time. Learn more, or request a free demo. We offer live demos via Zoom and in-person at our Livermore location.
Questions? We've got answers. Contact us online or by phone.
Bay Area (510) 379-5210
Fresno (559) 834-9500
Sacramento (916) 376-0500
Salinas (831) 757-1091