According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, nearly 100 workers are killed and another 20,000 are seriously injured in forklift-related incidents annually. Statistically, that means one of every ten forklifts in the US will be involved in an accident every year.
An OSHA study found 25% of forklift accidents are due to inadequate operator training, but what about the other 75%? In today’s article we’ll review the most common forklift accidents and how to prevent them through: proper training, safety equipment and proactive technology.
The right tools can make an enormous difference, and a pallet jack is one of these key pieces of equipment. A pallet jack can easily maneuver loads, and go where large forklifts can’t.
Electric pallet jacks take productivity to the next level with the benefit of an electric motor. In addition to helping the operator move loads, the motor assists with raising and lowering the forks. For this reason, electric pallet jack forks can be raised higher than manual pallet jack forks Electric pallet jacks can be used for several hours before they need to recharge and are a popular piece of equipment for warehouses, distribution centers, food and beverage facilities and operations with narrow aisles.
Learn more our year-end special pricing on a Toyota Electric Pallet Jack and how to get a $500 rebate by trading in your old pallet jack.
In the Bay Area, and Central California, hundreds of facilities with high-traffic applications have switched to high speed doors. They preserve cleanliness, conserve energy by helping to maintain a consistent temperature, and offer other cost-saving benefits.
We’ll also cover:
Toyota 360 Support comes standard with every lift truck sold and includes a wide range of benefits to help you:
Product Name: GEM ONE Sapphire Fleet Management System
Manufacturer: GEM ONE
Notable features: Impact notifications, GPS (last know position outside), daily operator checklist, operator certification expiration notification (30-days prior), cellular-based (no WiFi required).
Price Range: $2,500 - $5,900
Value for the money: Excellent
Best for: A fleet size of five or larger
Not recommended for: Extremely dirty or harsh (outdoor) conditions
Downtime is something every material handling operation wants to avoid, but for food processing operations downtime is a dirty word. In today’s article, we’ll look at some of the best material handling equipment available for:
- commercial food processing
- cold storage warehouses
- food and beverage material handling